Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Cooking At Home


New Year's resolutions are not realistic for me. Work out every day, eat healthier, etc. etc. I make the same ones every year and never keep them. I go to the gym every day until January 9th and then it's just a lost cause from there. But one thing that I am going to actually try to do more in 2014 is cook at home. I'm not saying I'm going to cook every single day, but a couple days a week would make me happy! I'm going to start sharing some of my favorite recipes on the blog every once and awhile so you can follow along! While I was in New York, we stayed in one night and cooked dinner for Sophie's family. Everything turned out so great, and it was so nice to cook together and chat while we were in our jammie's! I was in charge of the bruschetta; if you have been to Postino in Scottsdale, then this looks familiar. We got all of our ingredients at Eataly (I'm so sad we don't have one here), but they can all be found at your local grocery store. 

Spinach salad with pears, raspberries & almonds with an orange vinaigrette 
Bruschetta with pistachios, figs (or dates), and ricotta cheese on french bread
Add salt, pepper and drizzle olive oil right before serving

*Photography by Sophie Boyer

1 comment:

01 09 10