Monday, September 2, 2013

Muffin-Tin Egg Frittatas

I don't know about you, but I am always scrambling in the morning before I walk out the door. I know I am going to sound like a total mom, but breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. Unfortunately, I normally have my breakfast on-the-go (protein shake or cereal bar.) You can only have so many protein shakes! Insert: muffin-tin egg fritatas. Recently, I have been making a big batch and then re-heating them before I leave in the morning. You can substitute egg whites or any veggies you would like (I just used what I had in my fridge--spinach and artichokes!) Enjoy! 


Ingredients: Yield: 24 "muffins"
  • 8 eggs
  • 2 cups of egg whites 
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1/2 cup of cheese (any kind, I used feta)
  • 1/2 cup of spinach 
  • 1/2 cup of artichokes 
  • 1 cup of ham, bacon, sausage (I left this out)
  • Sprinkle with salt & pepper 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat 2 muffin tins with cooking spray. 
Whisk together the eggs, egg whites and milk. Sautee your spinach (or any other veggies you use). Add cheese, salt and pepper. 
Pour your mixture into the muffin tin--fill about half way (they will rise like little muffins!) Cook in oven for 20-25 minutes. 
Serve immediately--I like to sprinkle a little cheese and add some hot sauce!

1 comment:

01 09 10